Pastor Reginald and Paris Lewis
Bishop Reginald Lewis was born in Dallas Texas and he has been inspired and influenced for leadership by attending church with his grandmother in his youth, and from the pastors who helped to train him and set an example for him to follow.
He accepted Christ into his life at the age of 17 and because of his faithfulness and commitment to serve in the church as choir director and Sunday school superintendent, God called him into ministry. He accepted the call to be a minister and to preach the word of God at the age of 21 in 1985.
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, he moved to Minneapolis Minnesota in 1987, where he continued his service and work unto the Lord, until God called him to become a pastor and start a church. In Nov. 1994, he accepted that calling, and he became the founder and pastor of Giving In Grace Christian Center, located in Brooklyn Center Minnesota, which is a non denominational church that is growing and thriving, as the Lord continues to add daily.
Bishop Lewis has worked diligently to reach out to those in the church and the community to change their lives and empower them to live the life God has planned for them, by preaching the word of faith in several prisons. And also thru his television broadcast; Walking by Faith, which reaches into the homes of people all over the Minneapolis – St. Paul area. He is also a mentor and godly example to men of all ages.
Bishop Lewis received a doctorate degree in pastoral care and theology in 2003 from the Minnesota School of Theology and he was ordained as a bishop in February 2007, to pastor other pastors.
He is responsible for starting a food program in August 2012 that has helped hundreds of families in their time of need.
Bishop Lewis married Dr. Paris Lewis in August 1987, and she works with him and assists in several areas of the ministry. They have four children: Micah, Shutavia, Rochelle, and Reginald Jr.
Bishop Lewis is recognized by his peers as a charitable leader, and a man of faith, who gives his time, talents, and treasures to help those who are broken, hurting and in need.
Dr. Paris M. Lewis is the wife of Bishop Reginald F. Lewis, Senior Pastor of Giving In Grace at Souls Harbor Church. Devoted to the ministry of GIGSH, she assists her husband in a variety of duties to help carry out the God-given vision. Dr. Paris also leads Women of Destiny a women’s group that helps women become victorious in everyday life. She is an awesome teacher of the Word with emphasis on ministering compassionately to those with sickness and disease. In 2003 she became ordained as a Pastor by her husband Pastor Lewis, and in 2005 she received a Doctorate in Pastoral Care from the Minnesota Graduate School of Theology. Dr. Paris and Bishop Lewis have four children, Micah, Shutavia, Rochelle and Reginald Jr. By the way Dr. Paris attended Souls Harbor when it was located down town in Sunday School.
Pastor John Bentley and wife Barbara Bentley
After attending North Central Bible College Pastor John and Barbara helped pioneer a church in Indianapolis Indiana and served as Associate Pastor. He also served with under Every Pastor at Calvary Worship Center. He also has been self-employed in the construction field. Barbara ministers with the worship team. She also co teaches a bible study for women called Heart to Heart. Pastor John feels very privileged to serve with Senior Pastor Lewis at Giving in Grace at Souls Harbor. God is doing a new thing in the body of Christ.
Honor is due to the men who founded the two churched:
Giving in Grace by Pastor Reginald and Pastor Paris Lewis
Calvary Temple known as Souls Harbor founded in 1946 By Rev. Gordy and Irene Peterson
Early in 1946 the Peterson’s conducted an evangelistic meeting for a small group who were meeting in what formerly been a Jewish synagogue. This lead first to a six week revival and then later to a call from the Lord to establish a work in Minneapolis. The first service on a cold Sunday morning early in February, 1946, found 16 in Sunday School and 9 in the morning worship service: not very encouraging for a young preacher and his wife, but they reckoned, “With God all things are possible.” With these few friends and their faith in God’s Word, Reverend Peterson made arrangements with the owner of the building to buy it. He had no Money, so with three mortgages on the property, Calvary Temple was launched. In the spring of 1946 he did radio broadcast for 15 minutes every friday morning and soon became everyday, titled, ” A man with a Message.” In 1950 a bold and daring step of faith was taken by the church. They took the gospel to the television field, as a result Calvary Temple became known as Souls Harbor.